Are you getting married soon, and you are wondering what kind of music to incorporate into your wedding music playlist? Check out this list of top 10 Zimbabwe wedding songs – songs that will express your love for one another and put all your guests in a celebratory mood!
- Ruva Rangu by the Pied Pipers is a song ideal for a slow dance for the bride and groom. The Pied Pipers, originally from Mbare, released this song in 1988. The song remains popular to date and is a must-have inclusion in Zimbabwe wedding playlists.
- This timeless love jam in an R&B style by Calvin Gudu and Muzi Mangena is another of the top 10 Zimbabwe wedding songs. It was released in 2014 as part of the album Igu Lami. This passion-filled song is one that regularly features on most wedding playlists in Zimbabwe.
- Ndiwe is one of Otis Ngwabi’s best-known ballads. This song, released in 2012, is perfect for the couple’s first dance, or for the groom to serenade the bride with, as it speaks of the love that a couple share.
- Jesa, from the album Ini Iye album by Trinity, is another of the well-known Zimbabwe wedding songs. This song tells a tale of love and how it conquers everything, making it an ideal choice for any wedding playlist.
6. Mudiwa Wangu
- Though Mudiwa Wangu by Nicholas Somerai may be a golden oldie, it is still a great love song to sing to the bride, or to dance along to during the wedding reception. It was released way back in 1995 but remains popular to date.
- Plaxedes Wanyike released this beautiful ballad in 2008 and was promptly catapulted to fame as a queen of ballad music. This song, another of the top 10 Zimbabwe wedding songs, is perfect for singing along at any wedding ceremony in Zimbabwe.
4. Idya Banana
- Idya Banana, a song from the album Tapinda Tapinda! by Joseph Garakara and Mbama Express, is a lively and celebratory tune that fits well in a wedding playlist. Though this song was released way back in 2006, it is still a popular choice for wedding playlists.
- This lovely wedding song by Skhu has been a favorite with many couples over the years. It was released back in 2012, and its message remains relevant for present day couples!
- This track by Blush featuring Shayndingz is an R&B style love song that will have everyone at the wedding reception, especially the bride and groom, feeling emotional. This is one ballad that every Zimbabwean couple must include on their wedding playlist!
1. Mbabvu Yangu
- Oliver Mtukudzi outdid himself with this timeless classic from the album Svovi Yangu. Just like all the other golden oldies listed above, this song that was released in 2009 remains a favorite with Zimbabwean couples.
This list of top 10 Zimbabwe wedding songs is just what you need for your wedding playlist. Just make sure you listen to them first so that you can choose the order in which you want them to be played. All the best!