Want to have an unforgettable honeymoon? We bring you the trendiest destinations. The world is at your doorsteps.
The honeymoon tradition appeared in the 19th century in UK. It comes from a custom whereby newly wedded couples had to visit any countryside after the party. This trip represented the first time they spent together, intimately, far from family and friends. The name honeymoon was adopted in the late 1900s. The tradition quickly gained ground and has turned out to be a key step in the wedding process. Some people even consider it a prerequisite for a couple to be officially married. Now, I know you are tired of the history part, let’s make it practical. You still don’t know where to spend this special and unique time, find below the trendiest destinations.
6 Perfect Honeymoon Destinations
First and foremost, spouses must agree together on the dream place to spend quality time and build up unforgettable memories. You are entering this new stage in your life where everything should be compromise, consensus. So, make it in a way where both of you will enjoy and avoid catastrophe (one the spouses having fun when the other put on a long face all through). This will probably spoil everything.
- Charity begins at home they say. Let’s stand by this and start with Africa. We all know that our continent is filled with touristic sites and enticing safaris. There is a wide range of choice. There are trendy resorts everywhere. Depending on your budget and expectations you can choose from any of our unique countries.
2. The Islands
- The islands are equally an excellent choice: the Maldives, Seychelles, Fiji, Tahiti, Hawaii, or Mauritius (just to name some). Islands are mostly cherished for the constant sun and the beaches of white sand. Also, people, just like us in Africa, are known for their enthusiasm. You will receive a warm welcome which is capital.
- Italia and France for the romantic touch. Whether you go for the “Dolce Vida” (with the vineyards of Italia countryside, for Venice (whose fame needs not to be made) or for Paris (the town of love as some call it), you will certainly not be disappointed.
- Latin America: Costa Rica with her “pura vida” or Argentina (the country of all passions, tangos, bodegas…), this destination will surely “set you on fire”.
- South-East Asia: Bali or Thailand (visit of antique ruins, hotel (with private bungalos), delicious dishes, romantic beaches with fine sand), everything is made available for your pleasure.
6. Far North
- If you prefer colder regions (with snow through the year), choose Laponia (sleigh rides like Father Christmas (fun and relaxation guaranteed) or Canada (which is equally an interesting choice).
Your humble servant hopes to have been helpful. There are many options, the world is yours and the decision lies in your hand. Congratulations, you have made it!!! Enjoy your honeymoon and all we wish you is a happy end (they live happily ever after and …).